Special Anniversary Issue: Narratives in Oncology
The ASCO Post is pleased to present this special anniversary edition in recognition of the publication's 3rd year serving the oncology community. We hope you enjoy this special commemorative issue profiling several of the many leaders in the oncology community.
In coming issues ofThe ASCO Post and in future special editions, we will profile additional members of the oncology community. We invite you to contactThe ASCO Post with your nominations of others who have taught and inspired, and helped in leading the way in cancer research and treatment. Write to editor@ASCOPost.com.
Inside This Special Issue
Look for personal profiles about the following oncology leaders:
- E. Donnall Thomas, MD: From Small-town House Calls to Bone Marrow Transplants, Nobel Laureate Continues Father's Legacy
- Karen H. Antman, MD: Reflections on the Evolution of Clinical Cancer Research and Turning Points in a Distinguished Career
- Kathleen M. Foley, MD: Trailblazing Neurologist Leads the Way in Advancing Treatment of Cancer Pain
- Jay R. Harris, MD: On the Early Days of Breast-conserving Therapy and the Unique Relationship between Oncologists and Their Patients
- Gabriel N. Hortobagyi, MD, FACP: Tracing Breast Cancer Luminary's Path to Oncology, from Hungary to Houston
- Hagop M. Kantarjian, MD: After 3 Decades at MD Anderson, Leukemia Researcher Shows No Sign of Slowing Down
- David Khayat, MD, PhD: Trailblazing Oncologist Had Instrumental Role in France's War on Cancer
- Lawrence N. Shulman, MD: Dana-Farber Researcher's Work with Partners in Health Brings Quality Cancer Care to Rwanda
- Sandra M. Swain, MD: New ASCO President Reflects on Value of Mentorship and Addressing Health-care Disparities
- Daniel D. Von Hoff, MD, FACP: When It Comes to Scientific Exploration, Renowned Clinical Investigator Lets the Work Guide His Path