Register for ASCO’s Research Community Forum 2019 Annual Meeting
Working Smarter. Working Together.
Registration is open for the ASCO Research Community Forum (RCF) 2019 Annual Meeting. The ASCO RCF Annual Meeting brings together physician-investigators and research staff from across the country for 2 days of learning and collaboration. The meeting offers colleagues from a variety of research programs a unique platform to collaborate and develop solutions to common challenges in conducting oncology clinical trials.
Participants at the 2018 RCF Annual Meeting
This year’s meeting will take place on September 22–23 at ASCO’s headquarters in the greater
Washington, DC area.
As a part of this year’s theme—Working Smarter. Working Together.—participants will hear from presenters and panelists representing a variety of stakeholders during the meeting’s workshop and general sessions. In addition to hearing from peers and leaders in the field, attendees have an opportunity to connect with colleagues from across the country during a networking event and small group discussions.
Speakers and panelists include:
- RCF Chair David Waterhouse, MD, MPH, Oncology Hematology Care, Inc.
- Richard Pazdur, MD, FDA Oncology Center of Excellence Director
- Marge Good, RN, MPH, OCN, National Cancer Institute
- Joanne Dourado, BSN, MBA, Eli Lilly
- Dax Kurbegov, MD, Sarah Cannon
- Jasmine Kamboj, MD, Sanford Health
The 2-day meeting will offer the following opportunities and more:
- Training Workshop on Audit Readiness: Learn practical considerations, tips, and best practices for audit readiness. Participants will hear from different stakeholders and share experiences during discussions and exercises.
- Town Hall: Overcoming Barriers to Clinical Trials: Share experiences and strategies related to barriers in conducting clinical trials with like minds and multiple stakeholders
- Networking Reception—Working Together: Making Connections: Network with peers and leaders in the field about best practices for conducting and managing research.
- General Sessions on Innovative Solutions: Learn and share during sessions throughout the day that will include presentations and small group discussions on innovative strategies to conduct and manage clinical trials. Topics include leveraging technology to conduct oncology clinical trials more effectively, access and engagement strategies to facilitate clinical trial accrual, and staffing and workload management strategies.
- Town Hall: What Does the Future Hold for Clinical Trials?: Engage with peers and other stakeholders on where research is heading and how sites should prepare for the future of clinical trials.
Participants will have the opportunity to gain continuing education credits through the meeting. A group discount is available.
Mark your calendars for September 22–23, and register early, as spots are limited. Visit ASCO.org and search “Research Community Forum 2019 Annual Meeting” to register. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. ■
© 2019. American Society of Clinical Oncology. All rights reserved.