Association of Community Cancer Centers Grants 2018 Innovator Awards
THE ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNITY CANCER CENTERS (ACCC) has chosen seven cancer centers nationwide to receive 2018 ACCC Innovator Awards. Now in its 8th year, the Innovator Awards recognize ACCC member programs that have created solutions to challenges commonly faced by cancer programs and practices as well as the multidisciplinary cancer care team.
The 2018 Innovator Award recipients will be presenting their forward-thinking initiatives during the upcoming 2018 ACCC National Oncology Conference in Phoenix this October. This “how to” conference will provide an educational and networking forum for all members of the cancer care team, including sessions on multidisciplinary care for elderly patients, virtual infusion, management of cognitive impairment, survivorship care plans, and leveraging new technologies to improve patient care.
2018 Innovator Award Recipients and Research Topics
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Clinical Cancer Center at Froedtert Hospital Campus, Milwaukee: “Right Place, Right Provider, Right Time: Implementing Our 24-Hour Cancer Clinic”
- Legacy Cancer Institute, Portland, Oregon: “The Oncology Pharmacy Navigator: A New Best Practice Model for Managing Medications”
- Mount Sinai Health System & Tisch Cancer Institute, Department of Radiation Oncology, New York: “Improving Care of Advanced Cancer Patients With a Dedicated Palliative Radiotherapy Team”
- Ochsner Health System, Ochsner Cancer Institute, New Orleans: “Partnering to Deliver Precision Cancer Therapy in the Community”
- Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center at Jefferson Health, Philadelphia: “A Physician Champion Takes a Practice-Based Immunotherapy Program to the Next Level”
- Tri-Cities Cancer Center, Kennewick, Washington: “Cancer Crushing Prevention and Early Detection”
- University of North Carolina, North Carolina Cancer Hospital, Department of Pharmacy, Chapel Hill: “Combating Rising Drug Prices and Waste Through Drug Vial Optimization.”
The full agenda and additional event details are available at accc-cancer.org/oncologyconference. ■