2020 ASCO Election Candidates
The ASCO Nominating Committee has selected 14 ASCO members as candidates for open leadership positions within the Society, including:
- The office of President-Elect
- Four seats on the Board of Directors
- Two seats on the Nominating Committee.
All eligible ASCO members* can vote, and the voting period closes on December 2, 2019. Visit asco.org/election to learn more about each candidate and access the secure electronic ballot.
President-Elect (one seat, 4-year term)
- Patrick J. Loehrer, MD, FASCO,
Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center
- Everett E. Vokes, MD, FASCO,
University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center
Board of Directors: Designated International Oncologist (one seat, 4-year term)
- Peter Albers, MD,Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Enrique Soto Pérez de Celis, MD, MSc,Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán (Mexico)
Board of Directors: Designated Pediatric Oncologist (one seat, 4-year term)
- Lia Gore, MD, University of Colorado Cancer Center
- Tara O. Henderson, MD, MPH, FASCO,University of Chicago
Board of Directors: Undesignated Specialty (two seats, each a 4-year term)
- Lisa A. Carey, MD, FASCO,University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Ray D. Page, DO, PhD, FACOI, FASCO,The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders
- Elizabeth R. Plimack, MD, MS, Fox Chase Cancer Center
- William D. Tap, MD,Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Nominating Committee: Undesignated Specialty (two seats, each a 3-year term)
- Jordan D. Berlin, MD, FASCO,Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center
- Howard L. McLeod, PharmD, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Beverly S. Mitchell, MD,Stanford Cancer Institute
- Dan S. Zuckerman, MD, FASCO, St. Luke’s Mountain States Tumor Institute
Election results will be announced in mid-December. Newly elected officers will begin their terms of service at the conclusion of the 2020 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Please contact ASCO Election staff with any questions by e-mailing email@example.com. ■
*Eligible members are those who are Full members, Emeritus members who were formerly Full members, or Honorary members, and who are in good standing as of October 16, 2019.
© 2019. American Society of Clinical Oncology. All rights reserved.