2019 ASCO Election Candidates
The ASCO Nominating Committee has selected 15 distinguished ASCO members as candidates for open leadership positions within the Society, including:
- The office of President-Elect
- Three seats on the Society’s Board of Directors
- Three seats on the Nominating Committee
Biographical information and interviews with each candidate are on the ASCO website.
Eligible ASCO members* may vote for their chosen leaders during the election period, which will run from November 1–December 3, 2018.
President-Elect Candidates (1 seat, 4-year term)
- Lori J. Pierce, MD, FASTRO, FASCO, University of Michigan
- Carolyn D. Runowicz, MD, FASCO, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Florida International University, Miami
Board of Directors—Community Oncologist Candidates (1 seat, 4-year term)
- Lee S. Schwartzberg, MD, FACP, West Cancer Center
- Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD, FASCO, Advocate Aurora Health
Board of Directors—Surgical Oncologist Candidates (1 seat, 4-year term)
- Andrew M. Lowy, MD, FACS, University of California San Diego Moores Cancer Center
- Elizabeth A. Mittendorf, MD, PhD, Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center
Board of Directors—Undesignated Specialty Candidates (1 seat, 4-year term)
- Ethan M. Basch, MD, MSc, FASCO, University of North Carolina
- Samir N. Khleif, MD, Georgetown Lombardi Cancer Center
Nominating Committee—Community Oncologist Candidates (1 seat, 3-year term)
- Edward P. Balaban, DO, FACP, FASCO, Penn State Cancer Institute
- Thomas A. Marsland, MD, FASCO, St. Joseph Health System
- Piyush Srivastava, MD, Kaiser Permanente
Nominating Committee—Undesignated Specialty Candidates (2 seats, 3-year term)
- Sharon H. Giordano, MD, MPH, FASCO, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Suresh S. Ramalingam, MD, Emory University
- Brian I. Rini, MD, FACP, Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- Colin D. Weekes, MD, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital
Election results will be announced mid-December, and newly elected officers will begin their terms of service at the conclusion of the 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting in Chicago.
*Eligible members are those who are Full members or Emeritus members who were formerly Full members and who are in “good standing” as of October 17, 2018. ■
© 2018. American Society of Clinical Oncology. All rights reserved.