Enhance Your Annual Meeting Experience With Attendee Resources
More than 39,000 oncology professionals will gather in Chicago for the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting. The theme for this year’s meeting, selected by 2017–2018 ASCO President Bruce E. Johnson, MD, FASCO, sets an exciting tone for the presentation of advances in the field of cancer care. Delivering Discoveries: Expanding the Reach of Precision Medicine highlights the importance of making precision medicine accessible to every patient with cancer.
Are you planning to join this global community to discuss state-of-the-art treatment modalities, new therapies, and ongoing controversies in the field? As you consider what to pack for your trip, keep in mind that you have a host of electronic resources at your fingertips that will help you plan your meeting and enhance your onsite experience.
The Attendee Resource Center (am.asco.org/arc) serves as a one-stop shop for ASCO’s entire suite of Annual Meeting apps, publications, and products. There, you can view, print, or download a variety of resources to help you get the most out of the Annual Meeting.
Know Before You Go
The Attendee Resource Center houses several tools to help you prepare for your meeting -experience.
- Build your personalized itinerary with the -iPlanner, a scheduling tool that allows you to search by session, speaker, or abstract to narrow down sessions of interest. The iPlanner is available via a desktop site and as a mobile app for Apple and Android devices, and syncs between both platforms, so the schedule you build on your computer will be available to you on your phone at the meeting.
- Need help with your schedule? iPlanner’s Session Recommender will suggest sessions based on your professional role, oncology specialty, and personal interests—simply complete a short survey and review your personalized session recommendations. Your schedule will sync automatically with the web and mobile versions of the iPlanner.
- Browse and download abstracts being presented at this year’s meeting. Abstracts can be downloaded in multiple file formats.
- Review articles written by Annual Meeting faculty in the ASCO Educational Book. This peer-reviewed and PubMed-indexed publication highlights standards of care and offers insight into future therapeutic possibilities in oncology. Current and past volumes of the ASCO Educational Book are available to view for free on asco.org/edbook.
Stay In the Know During the Annual Meeting
The Attendee Resource Center and iPlanner also offer a host of resources that will streamline and enhance your Annual Meeting experience once you arrive in Chicago. Once logged in, you can:
- View personalized Daily News stories from the meeting
- Check shuttle schedules based on your hotel
- Request Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits
- Access the 2018 ASCOEducational Book
- Review the Exhibitor List
- Provide session feedback.
New This Year: Interact, powered by SYNCASCO will be offering Interact, powered by SYNC, in all sessions. This platform allows attendees to view speaker slides on their personal devices in real time, take notes on slides during sessions, and pose questions to session faculty. After a session, Interact users will receive an e-mail with a link to a PDF containing all the slides and their notes. Attendees can access Interact using the iPlanner on both their mobile device and laptop.
The ASCO Daily News is the official news source of the Annual Meeting, with print issues produced Friday through Monday that contain Expert Editorials and columns on topics of interest to the oncology community, helpful information for navigating the meeting, program listings, and live coverage updates. You can pick up your copy of the ASCO Daily News throughout McCormick Place and you can find additional online-only content at am.asco.org/dn.
Continue Learning After You Leave
Onsite or online, you can rewatch favorite sessions or catch up on the ones you missed via the Meeting Library, which houses Annual Meeting 2018 Meeting Videos and Slides.
Access to these resources and more are available through the Attendee Resource Center at
© 2018. American Society of Clinical Oncology. All rights reserved.