HOPA Announces New President and 2015 Membership Award Winners
By The ASCO Post Staff
May 25, 2015
Scott Soefje, PharmD, MBA, BCOP, FCCP
The Hematology/Oncology Pharmacy Association (HOPA) has elected Scott Soefje, PharmD, MBA, BCOP, FCCP, to serve as President for the 2015–2016 term. His term began at the 11th HOPA Annual Conference, held March 25–28. Dr. Soefje has served as President-Elect since March 2014.
Dr. Soefje is a founding member of HOPA, with volunteer contributions that have extended to nearly every facet of the association’s governance. Most recently, he has been an adviser to the Professional Development Committee and member of the Leadership Task Force—responsible for setting the direction of members within the organization, as well as in their professional settings. He has also been Chair of the Health Policy and Advocacy Committee from 2008–2011.
Currently, Dr. Soefje serves as the Director of Pharmacy at the University Medical Center Brackenridge in Austin, Texas.
2015 Award Winners
At its 11th Annual Conference, HOPA also announced the recipients of the 2015 HOPA Membership Awards. HOPA Membership Awards recognize members who have shown outstanding achievement in their field.
HOPA award winners include:
- David W. Henry, MS, BCOP, FASHP: 2015 Award of Excellence. Dr. Henry is Chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Kansas School of Pharmacy.
- Terri Davidson, PharmD, BCOP, FASHP, FCCP, and Ross Davidson: 2015 Special Recognition Award. Dr. Terri Davidson is formerly of Emory University Hospital, where she created one of the first hematology/oncology pharmacy programs in the country; she is now the CEO of Syntaxx Communications. Ross Davidson worked collaboratively with Terri and other HOPA founders.
- David J. Reeves, PharmD, BCOP: 2015 Basic Science and Clinical Research Literature Award. Dr. Reeves is Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Butler University and St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis.
- Joseph S. Bubalo, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP: 2015 Oncology Pharmacy Practice Literature Award. Dr. Bubalo is Oncology Clinical Pharmacist at Oregon Health and Science University Hospital & Clinics.
- Patrick Kiel, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP: 2015 New Practitioner Award. Dr. Kiel is a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Indiana University Health.
- Rowena N. Schwartz, PharmD, BCOP, FASHP: 2015 Patient Advocacy Award. Dr. Schwartz is Vice President of Clinical Content and Pharmacy Operations at McKesson Specialty Health. ■