William J. Gradishar, MD, of Northwestern University, and Edith A. Perez of the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, discuss immunotherapy and the highlights of the BOLERO-1 and SOFT trials.
Matthew J. Ellis, MD, PhD, of the Baylor College of Medicine discusses with Harold J. Burstein, MD, PhD, of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute genome-directed therapeutics for endocrine therapy-resistant estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer.
Larry Wickerham, MD, and Harry D. Bear, MD, PhD, discuss three clinical trials:
• B-40, the only study to combine neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy with bevacizumab
• B-51, on radiation to the chest wall
• Alliance trial, on lymph node dissection
Harold J. Burstein, MD, PhD, of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Lisa Carey, MD, of the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, discuss:
- The TNT trial comparing docetaxel to carboplatin
- The CALGB trial on response rates after neoadjuvant chemo with or without carboplatin or bevacizumab
- Pembrolizumab in a phase Ib study