2020 Class of Giants of Cancer Care Announced
The Eighth Annual Giants of Cancer Care class of inductees was recently announced by OncLive, a multimedia resource focused on providing oncology professionals with relevant information on patient care. The virtual awards ceremony will be held on November 5 at 7.30 PM EST and will be available on-demand at www.giantsofcancercare.com after the conclusion of the event.
This year’s Giants of Cancer Care inductees by award category follow:
- Breast Cancer: Martine J. Piccart, MD, PhD, of the Université Libre de Bruxelles and Jules Bordet Institute
- Cancer Diagnostics: Laura J. van ’t Veer, PhD, of Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco
- Community Outreach/Cancer Policy: Clifford A. Hudis, MD, FACP, FASCO, of ASCO
- Education: Hope S. Rugo, MD, FASCO, of the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco
- Gastrointestinal Cancer: Margaret A. Tempero, MD, of the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco
- Genitourinary Cancer: Dean F. Bajorin, MD, of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Gynecologic Malignancies: Robert L. Coleman, MD, of The US Oncology Network
- Leukemia: Susan M. O’Brien, MD, of the Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Irvine
- Lung Cancer: Tony S.K. Mok, MD, of The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Lymphoma: George P. Canellos, MD, of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School
- Melanoma and Other Skin Cancers: Keith T. Flaherty, MD, of Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School
- Myeloma: Sagar Lonial, MD, of Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University
- Prevention/Genetics: Olufunmilayo Falusi Olopade, MD, of the University of Chicago Medicine
- Supportive, Palliative, and/or Geriatric Care: Richard J. Gralla, MD, of Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Jacobi Medical Center
- Translational Science: Maura L. Gillison, MD, PhD, of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
The Giants of Cancer Care program has celebrated more than 98 oncology legends since 2013 for their groundbreaking achievements in oncology research and clinical practice. Individuals named Giants of Cancer Care have reached landmark successes within the global field of oncology, and their work has significantly impacted patient care and research.