Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center and Stamford Hospital Expand Collaboration
Stamford Health and Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center (DF/BWCC) formally announced an exclusive, expanded collaboration to increase access to DF/BWCC experts and resources for patients at Stamford Health’s Carl & Dorothy Bennett Cancer Center.
Stamford Health first joined the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Care Collaborative in 2016. Now, Stamford Health and DF/BWCC are pioneering a deeper relationship that includes a mutual commitment to performance, growth, quality, and patient outcomes of Stamford Health’s oncology services. This will be accomplished through several initiatives:
- Over time, Stamford Health’s physicians will follow care protocols, treatment plans, and best practices developed by DF/BWCC colleagues located in Boston. DF/BWCC physicians will also perform certain chart reviews as part of an extensive quality oversight program designed to align treatment at the Bennett Cancer Center with that of DF/BWCC. Stamford Health’s medical and radiation oncologists will be vetted and titled by DF/BWCC.
- Stamford Health physicians will have access to resources, such as peer observation of clinical activities at DF/BWCC, presentation of cases at collaborative tumor boards, and virtual consults with specialists at the DF/BWCC flagship location in Boston.
- Stamford Health’s patients with cancer will benefit from facilitated second-opinion services and streamlined access to DF/BWCC in Boston for diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Over time, Stamford Health’s patients with cancer will have increased access to, and participation in, DF/BWCC clinical trials.
- Stamford Health and DF/BWCC will work together to develop new clinical programs to advance the services delivered by Stamford Health’s Bennett Cancer Center.