ASCO Election Candidates
SIXTEEN DISTINGUISHED ASCO members have been selected by the ASCO Nominating Committee as candidates for open leadership positions within the Society, including:
- The offices of President-Elect and Treasurer
- Four seats on the Society’s Board of Directors
- Two seats on the Nominating Committee
Eligible ASCO members* can vote for their chosen leaders during the election period, which will run from November 1 to December 4, 2017.
President-Elect Candidates (One seat, 4-year term)
- Howard A. “Skip” Burris III, MD, FACP, FASCO: Sarah Cannon and Tennessee Oncology (TN)
- Therese Marie Mulvey, MD, FASCO: Massachusetts General Hospital North Shore Cancer Center (MA)
Treasurer Candidates (One seat, 4-year term)
- Laurie E. Gaspar, MD, MBA, FASTRO, FACR: University of Colorado (CO)
- David R. Spriggs, MD, FACP, FASCO: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (NY)
Board of Directors—Community Oncologist Candidates (One seat, 4-year term)
- Melissa Dillmon, MD: Harbin Clinic (GA)
- Tracey Weisberg, MD: New England Cancer Specialists (ME)
Board of Directors—International Oncologist Candidates (One seat, 4-year term)
- Nagi S. El-Saghir, MD, FACP: American University of Beirut Medical Center (Lebanon)
- Tony S.K. Mok, BMSc, MD, FRCP(C), FRCP (Edin.), FHKCP, FHKAM (Medicine), FASCO: The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Board of Directors—Radiation Oncologist Candidates (One seat, 4-year term)
- A. William Blackstock, MD: Wake Forest University (NC)
- Adam P. Dicker, MD, PhD, FASTRO: Thomas Jefferson University, Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (PA)
Board of Directors—Undesignated Specialty Candidates (One seat, 4-year term)
- Lee M. Ellis, MD, FACS, FASCO: The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center (TX)
- Blase N. Polite, MD, MPP: University of Chicago (IL)
Nominating Committee— Undesignated Specialty Candidates (Two seats, each a 3-year term)
- John V. Cox, DO, MBA, FACP, FASCO: Parkland Health System and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (TX)
- N. Lynn Henry, MD, PhD, FACP: University of Utah and Huntsman Cancer Institute (UT)
- W. Kimryn Rathmell, MD, PhD: Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (TN)
- Michael A. Thompson, MD, PhD: Aurora Health Care (WI)
Election results will be announced mid-December, and newly elected officers will begin their terms of service at the conclusion of the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting in Chicago.
Please contact ASCO Elections at elections@asco. org with any questions. ■
*Eligible members are those who are Full members or Emeritus members who were formerly Full members and who are in “good standing” as of October 18, 2017.
© 2017. American Society of Clinical Oncology. All rights reserved.